Thank God I had my car seat inspected…
Seriously… This could be the single most important thing you do before your new baby arrives. Thank Goodness I had it inspected properly… You should too!
Click here to find a certified technician in your area.
9 1/2 months pregnant, I single handedly attempted to install my baby’s car seat incorrectly. Im not alone in this… According to the City of Aliso Viejo, car seat Inspector, about 99% of all AV residents are guilty of the same thing, putting our little ones at risk in the event of an accident. Whoa! Do you have it right?
* Follow directions in your Car Seat Owner’s Manual
A) Determine Safest location for your car seat (rear seating position, center seat, never a seat with Active Airbag,
lock into place seat belt).
B) Seat Angle Indicator/Adjuster (This ensures the proper degree of recline to better protect your child).
C) Properly secure your child: 5-point harness
- Check harness straps are installed in proper slots according to proper height
- Check latch between infants legs; Shoulder straps properly located at infants shoulders
- Place safety seat on a firm and level surface, loosen all straps before putting baby in car seat
- Place child securely against the back and bottom of the seat
- Pull straps over infant, no twisted straps, pull snug without slack
A couple of other informative websites you may be interested in reading about: