My mama always said not to play with my food. But if it gets my children to eat a vegetable … then play away!
My daughter is a picky eater when it comes to her veggies, so I have had to come up with some creative ways to trick her into loving them.
This tasty butterfly is always her favorite.
Here is what you will need:
- 1 peeled carrot, sliced in half (save the other half for tomorrow’s snack)
- 1 apple (red, green, pink … whichever is your favorite) sliced and cored.
- peanut butter or almond butter … whichever you enjoy most!
- fat-free ranch dressing
Now, onto the fun part:
- Cut your apple slices in half and spread peanut butter on one side of 4 cut pieces.
- Smoosh another apple quarter against the one with peanut butter/almond butter to form a mini peanut butter/apple sandwich. Do this until you create 4 lil sandwiches.
- Take your peeled and halved carrot and slice out a small section of the middle on one end to create the butterfly’s feelers.
- Arrange your creative little butterfly on your child’s plate.
- Dot the carrot with small polka-dots of fat-free ranch.
*** Dani ***